Free Iron Test Solution
Features & Benefits
- Verify the effectiveness of the stainless steel passivation treatment.
- Determine the presence of free iron on the part surface.
- Easy and ready to use.
- When used correctly, the Copper Sulfate test meets the requirements of the ASTM A967, ASTM A380, ASTM B912, ASTM F1089, and AMS 2700.
Uses / Application
- Applied to the surface of the sample(s) representing the lot of passivated parts.
- Let surface wet for at least 6 minutes to react with the surface.
- The surface shall be carefully rinsed and dried with care taken not to disturb copper deposits if present.
- A copper colour on the metal surface (brown or pinkish, like a penny) indicates that surface iron was still present and is considered a test failure.
- If no reaction occurs it is considered a test pass.